This minor update to the 3dhippie stereocam introduces “adjustable planes”and other great workflow enhancements.
1. Advanced frustum with adjustable planes (watch the video to understand the concept)
2. Save to seperate folders enables you to split the render output to left right and stereo folders.
3. Better gamma handling in the stereoscopic window
Essentially there is three new behaviours:
- Using SHIFT in combination with a spinner or a plane will have an effect on pixel parallax values.
- Using CTRL in combination with a spinner, rollout or plane will have a direct influence on the interaxial and zero parallax
- Using SHIFT and CTRL will affect the interaxial and a pixel parallax value
What sounds complicated is in fact very intuitive behaviour. Use SHIFT to affect pixels, use CTRL to keep the pixels but change the depth, or use SHIFT and CTRL to change the depth, but don’t change the screenplane.
All Ctrl shortcuts require a PRO License to work.
GET THE FREE VERSION
You can download the latest version here:
All PRO users will receive an email with a seperate download link
OR BUY THE PRO VERSION
DETAILED LIST OF NEW OPTIONS
Nearplane and farplane:
- (default) Move to adjust pixel parallax values.
- SHIFT move to move the entire frustum
- CTRL move to automatically get a new interaxial and zero parallax
- CTRL + SHIFT move to adjust the interaxial but keep the zero parallax
Screenplane or Zero Parallax spinner:
- (default) Move will also move the frustum
- SHIFT will change the pixel parallax values only
- (default) Changes the dimensions of the frustum
- SHIFT keeps the frustrum and affects nearlimit and farlimit values
Parallax Presets rollout:
- (default) Frustrum will change it’s shape
- CTRL Interaxial and zero parallax will change
Nearlimit and Farlimit Spinner
- (default) adjust the individual limit
- SHIFT adjust the other limit too to keep the overall disparity
- CTRL add pixels to the foreground or background by changing the interaxial and zero parallax
- CTRL + SHIFT add pixels to the foreground or background by changing the interaxial and also affecting the other limit
Stereoscopic Window Sync button
- (default) move screenplane and frustum
- SHIFT move the screenplane only